I really think that it is pretty cool how we have all this technology out there beyond email and calling each other on the phone. Wiki, Voice thread, and Social bookmarking can all benefit teachers in so many different ways.
Wiki pages are really neat if you have a class set up that needs help possibly with homework. That's is a good way to use it. The teacher can set up the students with the class and I am not sure if you can embed an instruction onto it or not, with a voice thread but it could be worth a try. It is a definite benefit. Either other students can help each other out or the teacher can challenge the students with questions to make them think about their homework or answer any homework questions that stump them.
Also the social bookmarking is something that I am going to start using now as I am preparing for my residency. I have a few websites that i have on my computer that my own children use that are just bookmarked, but now that I have learned about this social bookmarking I am going to use it to my advantage. This way where ever they are they can just log on and they can get the page they need and go. These will benefit any teacher or upcoming teacher as well if they know and learn more about these sites.
The only downside that I see as of now is that I currently work at a Title I school and will have to work there for a few years so we will not have the advantages that other schools will, but there will come a time that everyone will have internet, although using these within the school is a postive and is a can do.
I agree with you..I am more than likely going to be working at a Title I school as well, and sometimes technology is limited. But that is where grants come in. :) I need to look into the social bookmarking a little more, but from what I have seen of it, it looks very useful in the classroom as well as outside of the classroom for students, teachers, and parents alike.
ReplyDeleteMeagan Hockett