Thursday, April 12, 2012

Visualizing Technology Week #12

Visualing technology for kids is great.  It helps them to understand concepts that teachers may not have been able to get across to them, and to be able to see different aspects of the of the concept also.  Using computer technology has been a great asset to the way we a instructors can teach, due to the fact that we are very capable of reiterating a concept that we may not be able to explain on their level and we could bring up a Discovery Education Streaming Video on the subject.  Being an aide we use Discovery and another tool called Brain Pop quite a bit to show the kids and keep them engaged in learning.  This also helps them to understand what we as instructors are discussing.  I believe anything can get the concept across to the kids is a giant help. 

It amazed me how a 6th grader Thomas Suarez developed apps.  One thing that he said really caught my attention, the students know more about technology than the teachers, and he is very much correct about that.  The students have more time to play on the applications and they were born into the technological age we are still developing a knowledge for this, one day when our grandchildren are able it will still be this way, but not as bad as today, because they will be more up to date.  The way our world is going, the old fashion things like bound books are going to be obsolete and we will just have computers or ipads, kindles.  These things the children will be able to use in the blink of an eye and it will be a very good thing and I believe that it is a very good impact on the learning process.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you. At first when I started college I wanted to be an "old school" teacher that lectured and used textbooks constantly, because that is how I was taught in school. But now after learning so much, I can't wait to get out there and teach with technology! Why fight it? :)

    Meagan Hockett

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't agree with you more. The fact that things like bound books are becoming obsolete is something that is true.I know for me i have to see things visually to fully understand things. The more detail the better for me to retain it. I know for me i can't wait to see how technology is going to be integrated into physical education.
    Jaime Andres Cervantes

    ReplyDelete